Re: [CBQ] Corbin Collection Questions

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Corbin Collection Questions
From: Bob Webber <zephyr1@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:19:59 -0600
I'll leave the rest of the questions to those that know, but as I said,
before or after Bernie's death, the same credits would have been seen -
"Corbin Collection" and "Corbin/Wagner".   The former being those that
stayed in Corbin's possession (and after his death, that which stayed in
the collection as stipulated in the donation) and the latter being those
items Hol had bought or received prior to (or even after) Corbin's death by
other means.  As I say, I have plenty of Corbin photos, that I have
purchased before and after his death.  This happens when people sell photos.

>PS  I just read the post about the Corbin-Wagner question. I am
>referring to the time after Corbin died and this credit appeared in
>the Bulletin.

>I noticed in the Burlington Bulletins that some Corbin pictures are
>credited to Corbin and some are credited to a Corbin-Wagner
>collection. Is this the same Hol Wagner and did Wagner buy the
>collection from the Corbin estate? If he didn't why does he claim
>ownership.

I think that you should ask the principals off list before throwing mud on
list, but that's a personal opinion.  This is a fine way to start ugly
rumors (or continue them) that can tear apart an organization.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM