RE: [CBQ] Re: Corbin Collection Questions

To: "'CBQ@yahoogroups.com'" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Corbin Collection Questions
From: "Morgan-Fine,Richard" <Richard@mail.nwmissouri.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:36:07 -0600
I am new in the Society.

        When I inquired about the collection over a year ago Hol Wagner was
very helpful and told me if I knew what I was looking for he would gladly
help me. This is the same with anyone I have asked for help or information
for research on the CB&Q.

I belong to three other Historical societies not all railroad and I have
found it is better if I ask nicely.

        Also a lot of Societies do not even have publications. Let alone as
nice as the Bulletins. I am like Mr. Vlk as I am willing to wait because I
understand the amount of time it takes to put the wonderful articles
together. I would much rather wait for wonderful bulletin like the
Exposition flyer. The value of that bulletin is more that you're minimum
dues for the BRHS. Your dues don't just go to that. They help put on great
meets and all the other things need to run these societies. If you want to
see more bulletins or improvements get involved and help. That is my plan.

My understanding from the meet I attend last year in Minneapolis they are
trying to find a central place for the BRHS Archives.

In parting I want to say it is a hobby for almost all of us and the people
that are keeping societies like the BRHS going are volunteering time away
from their job, family and their own projects. We should be thankful.

Richard E. Morgan-Fine
Richard@mail.nwmissouri.edu

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM