Re: [BRHSlist] Fw: [n_scale] Dispatcher Phone recordings

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Fw: [n_scale] Dispatcher Phone recordings
From: PSHedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:52:50 EDT
John

As one old guy to another....I remember the old all cap typewriters...I think
that I or my dad actually had one...don't have it any more...Seems they were
called "billers"...all the items the agent typed in on a freight bill or
waybill were always in caps.

You probably remember that there was a time when the typewriter came into
more widespread use that it was against the rules to use the typewriter for
train
orders....

Also during my younger..much younger days when I was watching the OPs copy
train orders I was fascinated by why the carbon paper was put in upside down
and
how that "stone thing"  (stylus) could write...when it didn't have any ink in
it.

The OPS at Langdon always used a fairly heavy metal backing to put under the
last copy to provide a firm base..That's probably the way it was done
everyplace, but it's just another old memory..very definite.

Pete

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511