[BRHSlist] Attention Powers That Be Who Work With Manufacturers

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Attention Powers That Be Who Work With Manufacturers
From: Paul Kossart <kozys@insightbb.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:08:43 -0500
Hi,

The following came from another list.  I thought I had read sometime back that
a Burlington car would be forthcoming in HO.  Just to ensure that DOES in fact
happen, would appreciate the Society's person(s) who are touted as "working
with manufacturers to bring Burlington Route models to the marketplace" to
follow up on this and work your magic as usual.  Thanks!

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy"

.............................. forwarded message follows:

Message: 10
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:45:35 -0000
Subject: Red Caboose coil cars: input and output

I know there are a bunch of readers here who would love a chance to help a
manufacturer make an HO car as accurately as possible, right? Bill McClung at
Red Caboose sent this request, re their upcoming Evans Type Four coil cars:
"I am looking for photos of any Type 4 car and general information about the
cars on that road. HO scale modelers will be getting a state of the art quality
car from us. Correct numbers, paint, wording, etc., really depends on the info
I have here (not yet as in-depth as I would like for HO) unless those with the
information are willing to come forward. Any help on any road name would be
appreciated."
Bill has already addressed some comments (trucks, paint shade, etc.) made about
the pre-production model on their Web site, <http://www.red-caboose.com>. My
experience with RC indicates that if we provide *constructive* criticism, Bill
will do his best to "make it happen."
And for anyone else who's waiting for the cars to appear, this update:
"Now we are hot and heavy on CSX and EJ&E coil car production (finally). I hope
to have a limited number of kits available for both in mid-November (6 road
numbers each). RTR for both will show up here in late January or February, with
12 different road numbers each."
Life is good. 8-)
--
...................... end of forwarded message.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511