Re: [BRHSlist] BURLINGTON BALLAST

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] BURLINGTON BALLAST
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:20:54 -0600
Pete,

Properly spelled "Bairstow". They were only notable because they
made up a "Railroad" name and used Baldwins & Limas at a late date.
Think most of the slag they got came from the South Works of
U.S. Steel, (formerly Carnegie-Illinois Steel, thus so much of the
Q's 112TR and 129TR had/has "Illinois" as the brand of rail), I do
not know if they did any ballast at all but if they did CB&Q was not
a customer.

Last four units I show them as having are 301, an Ex CSL #101 a
VO1000, 302, an Ex TP&W Lima, same number, and an Ex RI 0-8-0
and an Ex B&O 0-8-0.

Think there was Railfan ownership.

Russ