Marker lights on waycars

To: BRHSlist <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Marker lights on waycars
From: Ed Pavlovic <cbq168a@i...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:29:06 -0600
I was wondering, when did the CB&Q stop using the
traditional marker lights on it's waycars? I'm referring to
the ones of the kerosene variety.

Also, were the red mars lights (at least the square case
looks like a light from Mars) used on some of the NE-10,
NE-12 and NE-13 classes of waycars only activated during an
emergency brake application or during an unscheduled stop?
Were the smaller red lights that replaced this larger square
cased light on the NE-12a and NE12b of waycars only lit
under the same circumstances?

Thanks in advance,

Ed Pavlovic