Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Burlington ballast

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Burlington ballast
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@a...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:24:58 -0600
The Q had a dislocated property called something like the "Chicago,
Burlington and Hammond" - don't remember the exact name but it shows up in
the W.W. Baldwin corporate history.... that was adjacent to an EJ&E yard in
Hammond. Somebody once told me they had a 2-10-2 stationed down there. The
purpose of the operation was specifically to bring up the slag ballast from
the steel mills that was used on the mainline in the Chicago area and
westward.
Can anybody throw any light on this operation???
Charlie