E-5 B Units (Was: Re: [BRHSlist] Digest Number 1429 (New CB&Q E7A)} <sni

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: E-5 B Units (Was: Re: [BRHSlist] Digest Number 1429 (New CB&Q E7A)} <snip...
From: "liljop" <wulrich@a...>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:15:38 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...> wrote:

> Which reminds of a great story I heard once - but don't know all
the details. It seems that the northbound out of St. Louis was
making fairly good time, which the engine crew naturally chalked up
to the fact that their tonnage was just between unit counts, so they
had half an extra unit in terms of pulling power. Then, just north
of keokuk (IIRC), it was like they got an extra surge of power. The
gauges looked all right, but eventually the fireman meandered back
into the engine room just to make sure. There was *WAAAY* too much
light coming in the back window - because 2 units and 10 or 12 cars
weren't there any more. I don't remember what happened, or how it
could happen, with air and all, but the upshot was that they
carefully backed down a few miles to where the train (and a puzzled
conductor) were standing on the track. Supposedly, they hooked back
up, made Burlington not-too-far off the card, and NEVERnevernever
reported anything officially.

> Does this story ring a bell? Did I screw it up really bad?
>
> Marshall Thayer

someone will have to explain it to me. air, mu cable, control hoses.
don't have a clue how......