Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington respect

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington respect
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:07:39 EDT
Brad and list

You should have seen the Freight Claims Dept. on the Rock Island...don't
think that it was any worse than the Q or any other RR...talk about
antiquated. Nothing was ever thrown away...When it came into the office it
got put on a file no matter what it was...if they couldn't find an
appropriate file they created one.

Most fun I ever had in my business career was trying to drag the Claims
department into the 20th (then 1964) century. You would be amazed at how
much you can throw away when you reallly put your mind to it. I'm not
talking about good historical stuff..I'm talking about really "dead" files.

RI was the first RR to get the Freight Claims dept computerized in
1968...nobody was ahead of us....the Q was way behind.

Brad did you know the Freight Claims Boys at the Q. Les Seehausen was the
head man when I to the RI Claims dept in 64. Lloyd Hoskins came in from the
C&S to put the thing together for the merger. He was a pretty progressive
old guy...probably younger then than I am now...We had similar hair styles
though.

I know what you mean about everybody having to sign off on everything.....

Pete