Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington respect

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington respect
From: MRCHOOCHOO2@A...
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 19:49:14 EDT
The mention of the name Louis Menk turns my stomach!!

He was a one-man wrecking crew. In a short span, he undid more years of
valuable PR work then imaginable.

Elimination of Steam fantrips, destroying passenger traffic, and worst of
all, using "Enron" type accounting tactics to "prove" that the passenger
business was losing money.

Menk was not a "Q" man, and never saw a railroad he did like. I'm sure I
don't know of everything that he did, but what I do know "Menk the Fink" was
a proper analogy.

And how can anyone compare the merger to two on the verge of bankruptcy RR's
(Penn Central and NYC) to the merger of a very healthy CB&Q with NP and GP,
decent RR's in their own right. It's like comparing a rotten tomatoe to a
healthy orange.

I rest my case.