Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington respect

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington respect
From: "Norm_Andersen" <Norm_Andersen@m...>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:28:15 -0400
I've been out of town a few days but on Lou Menk, I'd like to say that I was in
the Q Passenger Dept when he came on board.

We got Menked! Orders: No more passenger traffic solicitation. Run only regular
consists. No extras. How do you think we felt. He took a profitable railroad,
very well run by Harry Murphy, focused on the bottom line and turned it into
just another mindless, utilitarian freight carrier. You can have Lou Menk and
his obit! He did no lasting good for the Burlington that another good career
railroader couldn't have done better!

Norm