Re: U25B's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: U25B's
From: "liljop" <wulrich@a...>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:10:02 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...> wrote:

> Where exactly is this fill located? I was born and
> raised in Albia and became a big fan of the Q. I was
> through there during the past few weeks, and all the
> fills I remember were west of town.
>
> I've never been there, Bill - simply heard the account from some
of the maintenance people who had to deal with it - but I believe it
*is* somewhere west of Albia. The guys referred to it as "The Albia
Pumper".

> Marshall

bill, marshall
am asking, if this fill could be on the south albia hill? isn't
there some cuts and fills on the south hill?
this is off subject as does not relate to the Q, hope i don't get
yelled at, but believe there was a derailment on the south hill in
late 70s early 80s where an eb coal train derailed the waycar or
last several cars and the waycar, the waycar turned over on its
side, and the conductor was killed. embaressing, but can't get the
conductors name out of the grey matter right now.

warren