Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Albia & Halpin

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Albia & Halpin
From: Bill Chambers <ace1942us@y...>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:02:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hello, Glen.

> Does anyone else posting recent messages on Albia
> remember the signal bridge east of the depot at
Albia
> (at about MP 303.7), and when it may have been taken

> down?

Indeed I do remember that signal bridge!! I passed it

every school day on my way to school when I was a kid.

When was it taken down? My best guess was in the late
80s, but I am not sure. On one of my visits back
home,
I noticed all of a sudden that it was no longer there.
The Wabash and Q shared trackage rights to Des Moines,
and the Wabash left the Q's rails just east of the
signal bridge.

Bill Chambers