Re: [BRHSlist] Re: U25B's

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: U25B's
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@p...>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:41:25 -0500
Glen,

Was always my impression that the 90RA and 112TR were
pretty good rail. Most of the line from Savanna to Prescott
is 112TR. The 132RE seemed to shell a lot and needed a
lot more grinding. I will acknowledge that 112RE was junk
although most of the yard at Northtown was built with it.

Always thought that surface and anchoring were more important
than rail size anyway.

BTW, the 75 mile Napier Sub Division now has 25 10 or 25
MPH slow orders on it. Running time is a little over 5 hours.
That is sort of the way they do things on the Nebraska Division.

The Lester Sub Division is a mixture of 75 and 90 and shuttle
grain trains are operated on it with 286GWR cars. Of course
it is all 10 MPH.

On the line between Albia and Des Moines loaded grain trains
have to be preceded by a track inspector.

Oh Well,

Russ