Re: [CBQ] Burlington Lines Freight Train Operating Data Sheets?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington Lines Freight Train Operating Data Sheets?
From: "John Olson trains28@bresnan.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 12:20:37 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1485545493; bh=9d9gynzw6O3hRH2tVCZvhcxP1ZojHU+z4P+yoRzPfts=; h=References:To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=FFlszyGjpITZShTA/fdhXYL2W8oPh6ihB+meqol+jeeX8EDeVMWQR6G1xcoho5a7bmZkU2DT0bn5N2sVc3UjKFfVf/G8249/wgbtY5f4RFT1CfODZrXPe3e/rlblHU/VIIV0iWkqAH0b2N8cJLYdKxDJ/0X2FM+8I0SD7aNdNao=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Rick,

   The book consists of 272 pages and is hardcovered- and I find it invaluable since it contains a wealth of information. The back of the book has a list of CB&Q/C&S/FW&D ownership of freight equipment, then tonnage ratings for all the locomotive groups up to the SD-45 (they hadn't been delivered yet). Then there is a Drag Tonnage Ratings table for the whole system, by locomotive group, for each Division/Subdivision. For instance: Sheridan to Parkman, Wyo. (uphill)- one SD-9 (Group 4) is rated at 2480 tons. Parkman to Sheridan (downhill)- the same unit is rated at 3872 tons.

   Maybe this book is something the BRHS should consider reprinting again! 1998 was quite a while ago and we have a lot of new members since then.

    John Olson