[CBQ] Passenger Operating Data Sheets

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Passenger Operating Data Sheets
From: "John Olson trains28@bresnan.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 16:32:32 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
   Last night I was looking through my 'Burlington Lines Operating Data
Sheets', reprinted by the BRHS in 1998, which lists all the scheduled
'Q' freight trains operating during 1967 thru 1969- starting with Train
#60 thru #808, CB&Q-PC-UP Runthrough service, CB&Q-EL Runthrough
service, C&S- FW&D trains and Local Service Sheets. Each train has 1 to
3 pages devoted to it- listing the Schedule, the Grouping (order of
consist) in the train for set-outs and pick-ups at terminals, total
number of cars & tonnage allowed if 2, 3, 4 or 5 units are used. For
instance:

   #97 (Westcoaster) leaves Chicago at 2:30 PM- arrives Dayton Bluff
12:30 AM.

    Maximum cars is 100 - 4000 Tons w/ 3 units

                                   100 - 5000 w/ 4 units

                                   100 - 6000 w/ 5 units

   (#97 was held to a maximum of 100 cars)

   Grouping of train front to rear is as such:

   NP - C (Spokane Freight Forwarder traffic)

   NP - A (NP loads for Pasco)

   NP - B (NP loads for all other points to and including Spokane)

   GN - A (GN loads for Wa., Or., Ca., Vancouver BC)

   GN- B (GN loads for Id., Mt., ND.)

    Waycar (This Waycar and the NP & GN cars continued on after dropping
off the cars and Waycar behind it at                   Dayton Bluff)

    GNC

     Twin Cities - Other

    Waycar

    My question is this: Were there Operating Data Sheets for the
Passenger Department as well? I'm sure they just didn't put a bunch of
passenger cars together and call it a Passenger train or a  Mail &
Express train. I know certain coaches on each train were designated for
'Shorts' and others for passengers going all the way to the end
destination. First Class Sleeping cars were at the back of the train,
coaches to the front- separated by the Lounge cars and Diners, but there
had to be some type of manual that showed the general consists of each
train and where extra cars were to be added or removed like they often
did with the Denver Zephyr. The Chicago-Omaha and Chicago-Denver Mail &
Express trains had to have a guide on where certain Baggage/Mail cars
were to placed especially for Omaha Transfer. Has anyone seen this type
of Operations book for passenger service?

John Olson

Billings, Mt

--
John Olson- owner