Re: Fwd: [CBQ] Fwd: Away from home accomodations/was Fire Insurance

To: "CBQ yahoo" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [CBQ] Fwd: Away from home accomodations/was Fire Insurance
From: dhartman@mchsi.com
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 22:53:55 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1345935153; bh=sZRq1za8Il95L1UxxWS3Po8UigX6vVELGxLbXf6m4O4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-rim-org-msg-ref-id:Message-ID:X-Priority:References:In-Reply-To:Sensitivity:Importance:To:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=cIJ11XzYgP1514gZknUKpQQNmD1JVfmhgeX1gh1/9BJTBdn+TWKmHWAbsfppJ09wFQD0sgxUdCqcwAv3LrJb0g0sZBrHm1yGyxNgtp2lLrtpwREXHuDAfE7ihckIvyse
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Thanks Leo, but I believe your "memory resources" are so much deeper. I've forgotten so much, but this list brings it all back.

MORE militaristic?? Hard to believe (though I believe RdFrmn NM would have loved making us salute him :) and yeah, I've seen that "look" on a few in the past few years.

You may have chosen wisely. The initial hostling at Clyde and 14th wasn't fun. Remember, that was when the seniority lists were combined and I didn't have prior rights in engine.

Seniority in engine was weird. They fire all the firemen and then later started hiring young connected guys. So there were a lot of young in age with very good seniority. At least in train service it was more spread out (taking into account, of course, the "merger bubble")

Doug