Re: Fwd: [CBQ] Fwd: Away from home accomodations/was Fire Insurance

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: [CBQ] Fwd: Away from home accomodations/was Fire Insurance
From: "dr strangelove" <kaiserwillieii0815@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 09:45:49 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1346060752; bh=EqkssYi3XXmLUJ/qQBOb9cAv1YlJ62w1umLdCRPrA08=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=vAShZgLe4aFR4eKhp+wja9pIlG+3bMlKV1H88yf38UKNyn6Q/XpyT3FD590jaMnLvM6Pg05Bonn2q1mNAcJq0zRenDlNntA8G1TPbA8qCPS2xNAnYZh8uHbOEdjmrCO/
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

       I know I am an outsider, and I probably have no right to post anything
about anything in here, but there was a mention of the Raiilroads becoming
militaristic.

     I have been going through a LOT of job fairs, ect set up for veterans.
There is a magazine out there called GI JOBS and it is set up for employers to
meet up with potential employees, that are veterans.
     All the major railroads and Amtrack advertise in this magazine. Big full
page ads. The reasons for wanting veterans are many. We are used to working
weird hours, we work around heavy machinery and equipment, that we have to do
our own preventive maintenance on. We are used to following rules. We have to
shoulder a lot of responsibility that people our age wound never even dream of.
 We are used to traveling. All this at a fairly early age.
     The biggest attraction, so I have been told over and over by people who
recruit for companies, is that we can pass drug testing. How many 20-30 year
old civilians could bring that to the table? IF I was 20 years younger, I would
give the railroads a shot.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com