Fwd: [CBQ] Fwd: Away from home accomodations/was Fire Insurance

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [CBQ] Fwd: Away from home accomodations/was Fire Insurance
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 08:13:03 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1346069592; bh=HdkZTG9jEQoWIixmkClRRooy8VNUVbXKc/raudKCv9E=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Reply-To:Content-Type; b=sewKsjak0dwopA3H64ZOKZ1iIFac2GqJ2sTbswFvKwcZoOP7Ix1xpuIKRc4mAaae7FPlUGUIL0oTQqwmfuTLWpzlJZ0wVb/3PEIu/MxD/ryLPI+R1Bkt/tXRra1HXCxg
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Kaiser willieii0815,

As far as I know anyone can post to this list and should be welcome.

The comment I made about the RRs becoming more militaristic dealt with a comparison of what I have been told and know about today compared to 40 and more years ago. Things are much tighter,stricter with many more rules and levels of enforcement than 40 and more years ago. They are a safer place to work than earlier due to a lot of the strictness.

Your comments about why vets adapt well to the RRs are correct. The RR's are great places to work as long as one understands the culture. We always said that it didn't take long for a new hire to decide if he could take it or not. Once he did most were lifers.

The RR's grew tremendously after the Civil War and the military organization style was what many of the managers knew and adapted and it's been that way since.

Leo Phillipp