[CBQ] Re: BN GP 20s

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: BN GP 20s
From: "Larry Graus" <larry.graus@opc.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 15:41:29 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1326123696; bh=0HO365kCS8iX43fcjCfC2JHNShMSKPuK4z8iFS19TyQ=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=eLeEGbdz+eL1CZEV+gKtPBjhVZ3I/2+I6uQ/kWWnS/D5hsTJfqCxVt5vyvORCi9jXNSzr0kO4ijrNijhMNR40lKIf5rDxpMhdTlTuV/v8zPhcxSFFiVK3JASewVmOGDq
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
You asked about UP's huge purchase of SD70Ms. I believe the order was for some
1000 units. The RR got a great deal because of both the size of the order and
the "apparent" quality of just-previous EMD-built locos like the SD50s. I
believe most UP folks would say that the SD70Ms turned out to be worthy
successors to the SD40-2.

LarryG

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com