Re: [CBQ] Q Physical Plant in PRB, was BN GP 20s

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Q Physical Plant in PRB, was BN GP 20s
From: Kenneth Martin <kmartin537@surewest.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 08:57:12 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1326129271; bh=P6ZPbDxJmuXx7sWQ4cg+xH8i6vGOaPaV9uot+9FSxOo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-RC-FROM:X-RC-RCPT:X-Received:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:References:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=AUIfhD/9uWKwhjtdFNa3ENUMFXjFm86Rp3gH4SKyusqbmOIrhCBeNvMvoo5R7mBEZicNmf8HWxNbO5cpbm17R0hlsr+AnAluMSte4jINMb4AoK+3w0pKFGdC1NglM4d0
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Burnt clay was a common ballast on western lines in the 1800's. It was made by
digging a trench and filling it with wood and clay then burning the wood. It's
main attraction was it was cheap. While adequate for light trains it would be
no more suited to frequent heavy coal trains than would be the light rail used
in the 1800's.

Ken Martin

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com