[CBQ] empty cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] empty cars
From: "ptrckhoman" <homanfamily@fuse.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 15:10:08 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1286464225; bh=OHW1LS8fVXxtuZxg3i/21qfoLtzUiecvSIu+JJbG4LQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=r12Pmu15bDSuWTCDrvxJQRc5L1vQac1Oo7gz8I2a43oyjPGrf4/QJpewFlAUp6ulk2g9wnEVKX2VKT/HG0s+rIaUaNt3K6hP3m8yGyqUR7Tyv92+2xeUODx50hxOP6aJ
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
the shipper to empty the car ane return it to the railroad before a late fee is
charged.  I think it is our days.  My questions are who directs the pick up of
the emtpy car, where is is sent and how is is accounted for by the railroad and
who actually orders an emtpy car to be delivered.
   Further, can an station agent, who had a need for an empty car, simply take
one just released, inform the Traffic Deptratment (?) that he has done so and
take place said car at another local shipper?
  This seems like and area many modelers overlook or do not handle properly in
our quest for realistic operations.  Thank you for your assistance.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com