Re: [CBQ] C&S operations in Denver

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] C&S operations in Denver
From: Mark Sellars <sellarsmark_aus@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 00:49:41 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1286437790; bh=aiqSNcDrcZ81Nt43y0N8j++79HAQJLaqSiL1SiNcMOo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=TOvUC4XqvD12816XBNsiLzbRJeZazYsgwtXPF13o7qgNvPpL3pytsJgz+NcKfzFKD+O7edfEQVpTeh+OEMFJu/Grc+xuNshtVfm2f9Vb60xGsN561WkCLavIqysB0za7
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Greetings Bill,

I strongly suggest you get a copy of James (Jim) R Jones' brilliant "Denver &
New Orleans - In the shadow of the Rockies". The whole book is great but you
will find much information on the last years of the Connors branch.
There are photos of #150 & 153 (NW2s) and 156  (SW1200) and 823 (SD9) - all
C&S.
As well as BN #181 (SW1200).
There are photos of customer's facilities and some of operations.
And of course you will need a distinctive C&S caboose.

And there of course, Hol Wagner's definitive "Colorado Road"will be useful.

Good luck.

Regards, Mark Sellars