[CBQ] C&S operations in Denver

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] C&S operations in Denver
From: "William" <wgstack276@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 07:24:50 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1286436292; bh=rDizPT97I7Ay9cjTXAU6tZzS0UzU5siVkFnInU/vYd4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=sEPaqrTcd8/Iar7/Ap9rO0DvLPvW4IXKAvpbAspxXFcnhdiHVSoeBgZCKJZVYq4qH95k7HEHYj+4IT8kmrrtZ4JdCQ8WqkNg+hm3Fm614INBHlLSMssyTN+E/YNfqkEn
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have seen some pretty great responses from some real knowledgeable CBQ
people, so I will give this a try.

When I was a boy about 14, I used to ride my bike down to the local southeast
Denver spur line that ran out past University and Colorado Blvds. and
terminated at Dahlia Ave. and watch as the equipment and crew serviced the
local industry (a few lumber companies, teams tracks, Frito Lay and an old feed
mill at the very end.)

I want to model the area as best I can remember, but of particular interest to
me is to know what equipment the C&S used (it was always the same engine and
waycar), particularly the engine, a switcher of course, but at that time I
didn't know a SW7 from and NW2. But I do remember it was one of the early
switchers, sub lettered C&S and AT&SF and numbered in the 150s. I know I am
asking a lot but hopefully someone might be very familiar with the C&S
operation in the early 60s in Denver.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Bill

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com