Re: [CBQ] Clyde Yard

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Clyde Yard
From: "Russ Strodtz" <19main@wildblue.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:12:47 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1260475996; bh=FupyRyBRj5yO2BEnt3AV89ayDzvKaJuSXYE1KMpSB2U=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=rXD6L5HRB7WXVFSlM7KgjCQO45CTeYFYgP4rsDTlEuAwsO9lcu4AlWY7dahFLs/5ZUbWDbbAYdDzSAjbgF3tGntpGUtPKnwScbfd5BQXeJCal4zC5ey9B6RzjI5TOjy5
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Charlie,

The issue involved money. The Brookfield depot handled tickets
and handled money. Congress Park did not have any money. GW Sugar
Plant was built in 1958. From there until, I think, the 1973 change,
money handling was the issue. Those systems were gradually changed
by the BN.

As information the Brookfield depot usually drove down the streets
and went into the GW office about 1030 A.M. They did not really like
that part of the Brookfield depot freight and were glad to move it
onto the Congress Park depot. Freight work was moved from Brookfield
to Congress Park but by then depots did not need to handle money,
just paperwork.

As I said, because of the way it is set up that made Brookfield and
Congress Park as on different yards. That is still the case now.
I think track yard "102" is on the hold tracks on Western Ave. When
ready it is moved from Western Ave to Brookfield. Those tracks can
only be moved from tracks at Congress Park, no tracks can be held
there.

Russ