Re: [CBQ] Clyde Yard

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Clyde Yard
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 22:12:07 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1259896375; bh=7q2G1m1/dfZQ/yxAtc9RbomMO8UdDQg+bVmo7tKelP0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:X-AOL-IP:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-SENDER:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=MS+md3DM+Vu5dDMtrdVHFcbYEstQLqMUD3hKDPYqMCgAAqG+/O/u2NjsYOQxgDfzv6P3JckG4nCXsPNnJyi3DO6tLG+uTe8NxxS6XhAlpAqlxz8Y3KjqLZxmUnruwPr1
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Gerald

The preference of your uncle for "nights" as the Number One YM is not that
unusual among old timers of that era...We had the exact same (is that
redundant) situation on the Rock Island at Blue Island...Mel Voitic was the
number one YM and worked 11:pm-7:00am...Always said he like that.."nobody to
bother him"..I certainly didn't.  Those guys could run the place the way they
wanted to...which was usally the right way.   Mel said...I just can't sleep at
night anymore...Mel drove a Cadillac and told me when he and his wife were on
vacation he would always have to stop during the day and take a nap since that
was his normal sleeping time.

Also "hiding" a foreign line crew's waycar..(caboose on the Rock Island) would
not be considered punishment, but would be "well pleasing" to that crew, since
they were usually on OT or would be by the time they got back to their own
yard.  That was a common "problem" at the BRC.  That crew would go to work at
3:59pm and manage to make 16 hours every night going to Clearing Yard and back
to BI.

Pete