[CBQ] Re: Clyde Yard

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Clyde Yard
From: "superconductor80" <superconductor80@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 03:46:40 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1260244107; bh=NLau3hqWHvdoPTOz+A0txTEBS2no3BK2iObUqHCeCug=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=dVurnyD5rvnVDqTocLoGRhgQsycHRuYVWmIqvxtz4ZpBhIPF3oNSJxjBCitby6OPGaD6tbWxauLbnb8Vpl9Lrzr0viT5O25+JxWgaIRo+eXY/TkhQL3VjIYkafu3s2lB
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I must say, the "Belt" (BRC) was still a good hiding place up until about a
year ago when the traffic died.  Just a lot easier to keep track of who is
where now I suppose.

There was a tower on the west end of the yard right by the IC bridge.  What was
it used for and when was it taken out of service?  I would imagine it
controlled the west end pneumatic switches in the receiving yard until they put
a panel in the East End tower.  Also, in the Q days (or hump yard days), where
did the switch crews go on duty?  Were there west end crews and east end crews?

I'm sure yardmasters like "Smitty" and those before him would be turning over
if they saw how the yard is run today.  Our night Intermodal YM never bothered
to learn the car types (3 packs vs. 5 packs ect.) so we are always left with an
extra car or two when filling up a track and then we end up with 3 crews trying
to switch on the same lead.  And the trainmasters get on our case for late
lunches and overtime...

Jeff

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com