Re: [CBQ] CZ foreign sleepers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com,<CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CZ foreign sleepers
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 09:11:55 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As mentioned, the PRR SILVER RAPIDS' roof color depends on era.  Pre
1957 it was not painted (i.e. natural stainless) post late 1957 it
was painted black (actually, it was covered in roof cement which
appears black) to better match the Florida service cars in the PRR
pool - which is also when it got the PENNSYLVANNIA on the
trainboard.   That is how BLI brought it out in the 2nd edition, and
it is correct.

Bob Webber