Re: [CBQ] CZ foreign sleepers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com,<CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CZ foreign sleepers
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:40:43 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Other CZ cars were used on the service.  Other PRR cars were
relatively common - I was on at least 2 trains where tuscan red cars
were on the train.

If anyone has interest in such cars, the Newberry has the assignment
sheets, and one can check it out.   But, just about any of the CZ
10-6's would have been likely on the PRR (typically the General for a
while anyway) when the SILVER RAPIDS wasn't on the rtoue.

At 12:59 PM 11/10/2006, Frederick Ripley wrote:
>Bob writes:
>
>They (The NYC) leased a variety of 10-6 sleepers - and from all three
>of the major partners.   I have a partial list somewhere, gathered
>from Pullman NYC assignment  records by Dave Staplin when he visited
>the Newberry Library.  But there were plenty of times that that
>(leased) sleeper was unavailable or that it needed to be
>supplemented.   As did the SILVER RAPIDS.
>

>I've always assumed that other 10-6's from the CZ went east on the PRR,
>as obviously "Silver Rapids" was just one car.  Does anyone know what
>other cars were in the PRR pool?
>
>I wonder if a PRR sleeper ever made it onto CZ?  Would have been a very
>unusal occurrence of course.
>
>Thanks, Fred R.

Bob Webber