[CBQ] Re: New Q steam

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: New Q steam
From: "trainboy.geo" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 23:24:21 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bob many be right about finding steam locos that are common or
similar to other railroads. Unfortunately, not many (except USRA
design) were common to multiple RR's. Most RR companies designed
what they thought was the best application for their RR. Baldwin,
Alco, Lima, etc, would take basic specifics and then heavily modify
them for a particular RR.

However, having said that, Bob is correct in stating that some
engines share a lot of common similarity between different RR's.

I have sent emails to several importers (BLW, Bachman, just to name
2) requesting that they look into manufacturing a Burlington class T-
1, 2-6-6-2 noting that this engine design is the same as used on the
Great Northern, Northern Pacific and I think the SP&S. Hopefully,
someone will do this little articulated.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA