Re: [CBQ] New Q steam

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] New Q steam
From: "Dale Reeves" <drale99@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:33:36 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I've always assumed the main reason for the popularity of large engines is
due to the ease of installing the motors and drives in the larger spaces.
Small locos have very little room for what has to go inside.  The little
K-2, for instance, barely has room for the small parts needed to make them
run, and no place to add weight to make them pull.  The advent of on-board
modules for digital control and sound add to this problem.     Dale Reeves