Re: [CBQ] BRHS Calendar............ From the Editor!

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] BRHS Calendar............ From the Editor!
From: zephyrus@rickadee.net
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:03:52 -0800
At 08:35 PM 12/27/2004 -0700, Harold wrote:

>I have one question.  Why has not our board not answered the questions
>asked.

Because to my knowledge noone has asked *the board*.  From my (limited)
knowledge that would either be in a board meeting (as it is in board
meetings of my employer) or in registered mail to a board member, to be
brought up in such a board meeting.  Certainly not in what amounts to a
coffee klatsch (this email list)!  I'm a member, you're a member, but this
is not a place for official business, any more than Rush Limbaugh's talk
show is a place to ask and expect to be answered, questions of Pres. Bush
(even if it is one he listens to...)

>They want to have a closed meeting to address the problems.   I love
>the BRHS as much as anyone, and will attend a meeting when it is not 1000
>miles away.  I joined  the year the meeting was in the Black Hills.

I'm from Lincoln, but only develped an interest in the Q since moving to
California.  I have only been back to Nebraska twice in 20+ years, much
less been able to attend annual meets or board meetings.  But if I had a
legitimate concern, there is a fully-equipped post office right in my
little town.

>Tell all the membership the answers,

Then this *certainly* isn't the forum!!!  What fraction of the membership
participates here, even if it *were* connected with the BRHS?!?  This is a
small and rather "elite" group who has and uses Internet access.

>I do want to say I do not think all of the board is in the wrong
>and very well none of them may wrong, but by their actions of current I
have
>great doubts of what is right and what is wrong.

Then you really need to get to a board meeting and present your questions.
If I were concerned about rumored "happenings" I would make the effort.  As
it is, I could walk away this evening from the BRHS and it would owe me
nothing.  Unless you have personally invested money, goods and/or labor in
the Society with a promise of monetary return, I would daresay BRHS owes
you nothing either. The BRHS is what each of us makes it!

Best regards,

Randy

zephyrus@rickadee.net                            http://www.prototrains.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM