[CBQ] BRHS Calendar............ From the Editor!

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] BRHS Calendar............ From the Editor!
From: "Gary E. Olszewski" <hogger41@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 01:30:27 -0000

   I'm tired of sitting quietly on and sidelines and reading all the
junk thats ended up on this list the past few weeks.
   It is true that this is not a sanctioned arm of the BRHS, but it
sure seems like a lot of bad mouthing of the Board gets play time,
while other things that might be of more interest get very little
attention.For this I blame the moderators.
    With that said, I want to make known that as Editor of the BRHS
Calendar I will take your constructive critisizms, complaints and
suggestions anytime to improve the product I have volenteered my time
to produce for the Society. But, I also want it known that since
editing the last two Calendars they have not been delayed by me or
the printers.
    I have choosen the photographers that will cover the next 3 year
for the Society. In late April or early May I will contact the person
choosen for 2006 and begin the editing process. In mid or late August
I will sit with the printers and go over what I have and start the
process of printing proofs and fine tuning the captions. Once I give
the final OK they are printed and the Calendar is no longer in my
control. The distribution is left to an outside source.
     After I give final approval and the Calendars are printed, what
do you think happens? We ship them off right away to the membership?
With three or four things going to the printers all at the same time
at the end of the year, we also get bills that have to be paid before
we can ship them off. If you don't renew your memberships on time
that puts a strain on the treasury and some things have to be delayed
until the funds arrive. But, now it's the Boards Fault YOU didn't
renew on time.
     But, this is were the people who don't bother to attend the
Annual conventions and sit in on the Board meetings or inquire about
subjects of concern to the proper channels start rumors and/or start
accusing the Board of being a Secret Society.
     The BRHS Board,like other Societies tries to maintain a schedule
with everyting it does, so the members can count on the Spring Meet
being in the Spring and not in the Fall. But, with all the material
the Society provides for it's members, the members have to provide
the Board with material to work with. So, if you have an article you
would like to see put into the Bulletin, don't sit around and wish
it, sit down and write one. You want your publications to be mailed
on time or in time for the Holidays, mail your renewls in when they
arrive and don't wait until the last minute, because thats what pays
the bills for the Bulletins, Zephyrs and Calendars. This is also what
the Board has to wait for before things can get printed like the
Calendar. That's one of the reasons we print a 13 month Calendar. In
case something unforseen happens. So, if you don't have your 2005
Calendar by December 31st, flip the page and you will find another
nice picture and the month of January 2005 to hold you until the new
one arrives.
      Can we do things better? There is always room for improvement.
Is the Board working to make changes that address concerns we hear
about. Yes we are.
      But, if you want to see things change or help the Board do a
better job. Don't come to THIS list with your Moans and Groans. Like
I said in the beginning. This is not a Sanctioned Arm of the BRHS. So
keep the junk off THIS list and email or write to the proper people
in the Society.

      Thanks you

       Gary E. Olszewski
       Editor BRHS Calendar / Member BRHS Board of Directors

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM