[CBQ] Re: California Zephyr in KC

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: California Zephyr in KC
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:56:17 -0600
Hubert,

I am beginning to think you are correct. The first dome car is way back
in the train compared to the normal CZ consist. Also, there is a photo
of the KCZ with F-3s leading in the new Zimmerman Zephyr book taken
about 1953 with a consist similar to the photo in Union Station.  I
will be in Union Station tonight to meet my wife when she arrives on
#3. I will take another look. I am also going to see if there is a way
to get a copy of the photo to share. If it is the KCZ, I wonder how
frequently the CZ F-3 consists were assigned to the train?

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM