Re: [CBQ] Garden Railways?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Garden Railways?
From: Jan Kohl <kohlj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:09:39 -0400
Thanks for all the info about garden railways, I appreciate it.

I'm still not for sure if I'll actually do it, but I am fairly sure
about the scale...I think I'm going to go O-scale.  Mostly because of
the availability of rolling stock and the cost.  I don't think I could
afford a few G-scale locos!  :)  I also plan to have a small shed or
similar for them, so I'm not too worried about weather.  Everything will
be in the 'roundhouse' when I'm not running it.

I've also decided that the only way I can put a garden railway in at my
house is to take a specific area around my back deck and landscape it.
No other part of my yard would be suitable (even if landscaped) for
various reasons...and I can turn the room under my deck (which is about
8 feet in the air) into the 'roundhouse'....

Cheers!

*::: computer security consultant :::*

            the pits - http://www.theuspits.com
castle graphics - http://www.castlegraphics.com