Re: [CBQ] Garden Railways?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Garden Railways?
From: "Allan Warrior" <awarrior@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 17:40:29 -0700
  Jan

  Welcome to the world of garden railways. I am modeling the Creston, Iowa
division of CB&Q from 1935 to 1969 (diesel power). Unfortunately there is
not as much available in gauge 1 as there is in HO. USA Trains has the best
assortment of CB&Q equipment in this scale. I have kitbashed and painted so
that I have about 16 locomotive models of that era. The publications from
BRHS have been a great help in this endeavor. I also have about 50 CB&Q
rolling stock, some of which the model manufacturer would not now easily
recognize. I will have to admit that my railroad looks better that my garden
at this stage, but my wife has hopes that the garden will improve. I would
also suggest that you find your local garden railway society. They can also
be of great help. There is a listing of many of the societies in the Garden
Railways magazine. Feel free to contact me at awarrior@comcast.net if I can
be of help.

  Regards, Allan Warrior
  Hillsboro, Oregon