Re: [BRHSlist] Can we build the Denver Zephyr?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Can we build the Denver Zephyr?
From: Paul Kossart <kozys@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:37:38 -0500
At 12:10 AM 8/3/2003, "zephyr9903" <zephyr9903@io...net> wrote:

>On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 18:46:51 EDT, SilvrDome wrote
>> How about a "from the Dome" perspective, in addition to the
>> windshield "over  the nose" view?
>

>That would be a *great* touch, particularly on a module which would represent
>the D&RGW leg of the CZ - (I wonder if we could stick the domecar monument
>in . . .)
>
>My big question is whether the basic software of MSTS includes a subroutine
>for picking up/projecting a view from within the consist.  It could be that
>the existing masterware does not incorporate (or perhaps even allow for) such
>an option.  Do any of our technerds know?
>
>If so, it'd be neat to include an optional "view from the cupola" from older
>freight simulations.  I've got all the basics for a nifty NE 12, guys<LOL!>
>
>Marshall Thayer
>Mt. Pleasant, IA

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I think this is a neat idea.  There is a yahoo group for MS Train Sim at

and probably others of which I'm not aware.

Also, another option is the Trainz program.  It was planned from the get go as
an organized "community" to build more rolling stock, motive power, trains,
routes, etc.  and share these with each other easily within this community . .
. or so I've read.  They also have a couple groups on Yahoo, as well as the
large base of users and downloads and resources at Auran.com.

I haven't done much with either program except to play with them a bit, but
they look to have great promise in the operation and even conceptual track
planning areas for those who delve into them more.  BTW, I "discovered" a
Burlington switcher lurking at the steel mill complex on the branch in Trainz!
I hijacked it and took it out to run on the main and do some switching!

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy"

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM