Re: [BRHSlist] Can we build the Denver Zephyr?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Can we build the Denver Zephyr?
From: Deke Reiter <deke8706@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:16:54 -0700 (PDT)
> BUT:  If we were to launch a group effort to do
> *something* Burlington to
> attract possible post-Q fans (as discussed a few
> days ago here), I would like
> to suggest a different train & route because the
> scenery would be a LOT less
> dull, and the additional bells and whistles that
> would be available could be
> awesome!
>
> How about the Mark Twain Zephyr from Burlington to
> St. Louis?  That's 220
> miles of Mississippi River bluffs and cute little
> towns like Wever;
> fascinations like the Keokuk Dam, the Ft. Madison
> double-deck bridge . . .
> operating complications like turning on the wye at
> Burlington to back into
> the station track, etc.
>
> I briefly had access to MS Train Simulator (basic
> package), so I don't know
> whether it allows for other trains passing, etc.,
> but - if so - we'd have the
> added attraction of seeing Wabash and TP&W in
> Keokuk, Santa Fe in Ft.
> Madison, Rock Island also in Keokuk and Burlington,
> etc.
>
> Anyway, it sounds like a great idea, and a free (or
> chep) download from the
> BRHS site could attract people there as well . . .
> so let's discuss routes &
> trains & available material, but count me in for
> artwork!
>
> Marshall Thayer
> Mt. Pleasant, IA

How 'bout the Twin Cites Zepher. After reading about
the MTZ it doesn't seem as operationally neat, but the
bluffs would be just as great. MILW at Savanna, CNW
west of Fulton, joint Soo into Twin Cities (if i
remember correctly), Dayton's Bluff, and St. Paul
Union. The swithing in of the Empire Builder and the
North Coast Limited, and the combined run of those
three. -deke8706

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM