Re: [BRHSlist] Can we build the Denver Zephyr?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Can we build the Denver Zephyr?
From: lyle dowell <slyone@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 00:25:53 -0500

>I briefly had access to MS Train Simulator (basic package), so I don't know
>whether it allows for other trains passing, etc., but - if so - we'd have the
>added attraction of seeing Wabash and TP&W in Keokuk, Santa Fe in Ft.
>Madison, Rock Island also in Keokuk and Burlington, etc.

The sim' allows for oncoming traffic, etc. I've written a couple of
activities for a CGW route that's available as an add-on, and had my 6
f-unit meet an IC freight in one place and pass a CB&Q coal drag in
another. The sim' is a bit clumsy in the way it has these things happen,
but its all very doable.

>I have personally thought about doing the B&NW in steam (P6A 4-4-2)providing
>Train Simulator allows for way switching (I didn't get far enough into it to
>find out . . .)

It allows for switching, but my opinion is that it wasn't
developed/written by someone who had that in mind. It seems to have been
aimed more at the passenger train fan, or the long haul freight drag
guy. Many people on the other hand have come up with additional routes
like Tehachapi Loop, Chicago EL, CSX Indy route, etc. as well as
activities for the switching nuts like myself.  If you're curious, visit
 http://www.train-sim.com  . You have to log in to see anything, but its
free. I don't believe I've gotten any spam as a result for registering
either.

Lyle Dowell

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM