Re: [BRHSlist] Plumbago

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Plumbago
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:10:52 -0700 (PDT)
True plumbago is NOT graphite. It IS a lead compound.
The name comes from the Greek word for LEAD. It has
the same root word as plumber, i.e. one who works with
lead. The chemical symbol for lead is Pb. Many
products used to contain lead as packing, etc. but
powered lead was originally called plumbago. Later,
the graphite,  in "lead" pencils, etc., began to be
erroneously called "plumbago". I too, have used
plumbago as a sealite on O2 bottles and that was
powered red lead.
John

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511