Re: [BRHSlist] Question for the (mature) railroaders... :)

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Question for the (mature) railroaders... :)
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:33:20 -0800 (PST)
Jan
It was not always just "fun". As I said before, it
could get "real". One incident sticks in my mind. I
witnessed engineer(and I assure you, I use the term
loosely!) Harold Carney try to kill engine foreman
Eddy Rowland. Eddy was on top of a coal load at the
end of a cut, being shoved down a yard track. Carney
big holed the engine and threw him to the ground. The
hopper narrowly missed cutting him in two. Carney had
threatened him earlier in the day in a dispute over
overtime.
John