Re: [BRHSlist] Question for the (mature) railroaders... :)

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Question for the (mature) railroaders... :)
From: "Jan Kohl" <jkohl@n...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 19:18:27 -0500
Thanks for sharing!

I'm not sure if I understand WHY there was a certain amount of animosity
between some of the different jobs, I don't guess I'll understand it. However,
I think I can compare it somewhat with the relationship between the fighter
pilots, wizzos (backseat pilots) and ground crew when I was in the USAF(as
ground crew). Granted we also had something called fraternization, but that
didn't make much difference. To the ground crew, the pilots were (usually)
idiots, and I think we were considered scum of the earth by the pilots. You
usually had to have a pretty exceptional pilot and probaby visa-versa to have
an actual friendship...and you'll never hear the end of the story if you ask a
pilot about wizzos and visa versa again...

All-in-all, I think it comes down to jealousy from everyone BUT the
pilot/engineer, and pure snobbery FROM those people... :)

I actually did make great friends with one of our A10 pilots at RAF Alconbury,
we both had a great interest in racing cars and he wasn't an ass like many of
the other pilots...

Ok, this is not the forum for MY war stories, but thanks for listening... :)

Cheers!

::: computer security consultant :::

the pits - http://www.theuspits.com
castle graphics - http://www.castlegraphics.com