re: Prairie du Chien

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: re: Prairie du Chien
From: "Virginia Edgar" <vje68@h...>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 00:08:43 -0600
Bcc:
All that rolling stock & TT were moved to end of line (north) by the coal loading facility. Other equipment there from a variety of RR's inc. GN/NP but no Q. I suspect removal was done because of finances AND floods? I always enjoyed going thru Prairie on the TCZ as several of the trainmen/porters has the habit of hollering out the stop (this is phonetically): Prairie Dooo Chien! Also was always some old orange MoW equipment on siding at the old cannery North end of town (E side of tracks) - spur still there as leads to an industry that gets lumber from BN but cannery is now a gift shop but has 2 good vintage pics inside showing old tracks & frt cars on siding in the good old days. A good bldg to model - they also got coal for boiler. Lastly there was an old faded orange baggage car on ground as shed on private property next to tavern on NE side of town next to hwy - was gone a yr ago (perhaps to that house down by Crawford that someone earlier remarked has old Q equipment?). The old RR hotel is still across from depot which is worn but still active for BN's signal dept, etc as mentioned earlier. Gerald