Prairie Du Chien

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Prairie Du Chien
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 08:19:20 -0600
Asked a few questions of a few people.

Building down by the riverfront is not even a depot. Was
built as a visitor's center.

CMStP&P depot is built of stone and is further South. That
was so it could serve trains crossing the river on their bridge.
Last time I was in Marquette the stone roundhouse and all the
stone shop buildings were still standing.

Russ

"Like a castle in it's corner in a medieval game,
I foresee terrible trouble but I stay here just the same"

Steely Dan, "Dirty Work" from "Can't Buy a Thrill"