Re: Iron ore trains on the CB&Q

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Iron ore trains on the CB&Q
From: "larry_l_doub" <nftrains@n...>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 07:32:52 -0000
Do they still run this product anymore, if not when was it stopped?

I was just a Little guy back then in 70 i was 5, but i remember alot
of Taconite trains ran through Thomson IL headed to Savanna, If I
recall, they was really short cars or "jennies" you call um.
I think they looked liked the rib sidded 2 bay coal hoppers but about
half the length.
And I think most of them was GN rd names, i remeber them being a
rusted color.
My last trip to Thomson i picked up several pieces of it, I have here
someplace.

Larry Doub

If anyone has a memery of running trains Through Thomson, I was
probably one of the Kids at the park when your trains went through.