Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Iron ore trains on the CB&Q

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Iron ore trains on the CB&Q
From: "Tom Barrett" <barrett@g...>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:13:07 -0600
Taconite trains still run, they did suck in the earlier years with
the old GN hoppers, all one had to do was look at them wrong and they broke
in two, bad actors with the air and dynamics then wouldn't slow nothing
down, but today with the new equipment and the new power they are the best
trains we get out of Lacrosse to Galesburg, we usually have 3 9200's or
oakways or mixed and they top the hill at Ophiem with relative ease as
compared to yesteryear when one was lucky to scratch over the top, or stall
and have to double into Alpha, or break in two, this is one improvement that
has been for the best. Tom