Re: [BRHSlist] Passenger car "Leadville"

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Passenger car "Leadville"
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:34:01 -0800
Dave and all,

This car is the C&S narrow gauge Business car #911. When the narrow
gauge was abandoned in the late '30's the car was stored, in 1948 or 49
it joined the C&S engine #9, Bagg-Mail 13 and Coach 76 at the Chicago RR
Fair. In 1949 the cars were painted in tourist colors and the train was
lettered for the "Deadwood Central" the engine was named "Chief Crazy
Horse" and the cars were named also with the business car getting named
"Leadville". After the fair they were put in storage untill 1957 when
they were loaned to the Black Hills Central at Hill City, SD. Around
1990 they were donated to the Colorado Historical society and moved to
the Georgetown Loop RR at Silver Plume where 911 is stored waiting restoration.

Ken Martin