Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Iron ore trains on the CB&Q

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Iron ore trains on the CB&Q
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 08:49:36 -0800 (PST)
Bob
I was going to comment about Arenzville hill. I'm glad
you mentioned it. Yes, they doubled and tripled the
hill, which is just a shade under 1.5%, with the
"jenny trains". Ordinarily, with coal trains, it
wasn't a problem, because it was "with the loads".
After the "cowboy coal" trains came alomg, there was a
pusher there. Sometimes, the yard engine, from
Beardstown acted as a pusher. Today, with distributed
power, the pusher is gone.
John