Re: [BRHSlist] Questions On Terms

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Questions On Terms
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:59:31 EDT
Paul and list

Forgot "shorts and propers". A "short" is a car destined for someplace
between the initial and final terminal for a train. ie A "short" for a
Chicago Galesburg train would be for any town between Chicago and Galesburg.
A "proper"...is a car destined for the final destination of the train ie a
car going to Montgomery Ward at Chicago would be a "Chicago proper"...a car
destined to Montgomery Ward at Albany NY via Q Chicago NYC would be shown as
a "connection" ie it is going to Chicago as far as the Q is concerned, but is
going to a "connection" at Chicago.

Now I don't want to hear from "technicians" that the actual connection would
be via IHB or whatever...I'm trying to keep it simple.

Pete