Re: [BRHSlist] Questions On Terms

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Questions On Terms
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@p...>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:42:54 -0500
Tom,

Perhaps to clarify, the correct way to load one trailer
on a two stanchion flat is with the wheels towards
the middle of the car. More of the trailer weight rests
on the wheels than on the stanchion so this is the correct
method. I have seen cars in trains loaded wrong and
there is quite a bit of truck hunting going on at that
vacant end. If it is noticed most crews will set out a
car loaded wrong.

It is interesting to note that the preferred method of double
stacking containers is to put the long one on top.
A 53' is supposed to go on top of a 50' even if you have a
car with a 53' well. Might have something to do with
where the IBC, (InterBox Connector), slots are on the roofs
or something.

Russ